Saturday

Homemade Lime Curd

One thing I'm really happy about right now is that limes, particularly key limes from the Florida Keys are in season. So instead of being 23.99/kg they are 8.99/kg at my local fruit and veg shop. Naturally I'm taking advantage of this; buying and eating as many as I can until the season is over! I might even start looking into how I can save them for later...mmm watch this space.

I'm not quite sure what I will use this Lime Curd with but I'm sure it'll be yummy :)

You'll need:
50g butter
110g caster sugar
4 key limes
3 free-range eggs


Start buy zesting the limes into a bowl followed by the juice. You need to get as much zest and juice out of these limes as you can.




Then take the eggs, crack open 2 and then separate the third. You just need the yolk from this one so you'll have 2 eggs and 1 extra yolk. Beat with a folk until combined. 


Melt the butter in a heat proof bowl/jug over a pan of simmering water.


When it has melted, add the zest and juice or you can add the butter to the zest and juice bowl (providing it is also heat proof) like I did.
Stir constantly and then add the beaten egg.
Continue to stir until all the mixture is thoroughly combined.


Allow to cool (it will thicken) and then serve it immediately or put it into a jar and into the fridge.


Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment